Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Welcome to the new blog

Here I am. The show must go on.

Hi - I'm Aslan. You might remember me from such blogs as the Superfooty Brisbane Lions site. Or as The Brain of Morbius from BigFooty or the old Lionised site, now a few years departed.

I spent the last twelve months or so writing for Superfooty, and greatly enjoyed my time. Sadly, the people at the Herald-Sun who manage that site have decided to go with an online forum this year instead of a series of supporter blogs. My opinion? It's a mistake. There are heaps of online forums (I used to say "fora" but have since found it's unnecessary, so take that grammar freaks), and the Superfooty forum is unlikely to find much of an audience. 

I was invited to become a moderator of their forum but decided against it. I've been down that path and don't especially want to repeat the exercise.

So to keep my eye in, I'll be writing my own blog for a while. No deadlines, no expectations, no limits. I'll post about the Lions and the general footy scene, about Queensland sport, music, tv and whatever else I happen to be interested in at the time. Riveting stuff! Well, we'll see I guess.

Oh, and do excuse the rather generic feel to the site design; at some stage I'll look at giving it a fresh coat of paint and maybe some new wallpaper, but this will do for now.

Join me won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment